Hello Everyone,
Wow this last week flew by. But it is pretty much the same old same old here in the MTC. It is now week number 7. I will get my travel plans tomorrow!!! I'm pumped! We kind of already heard of how we are going to travel and stuff but i won't tell you them now cuz i don't know for sure so i will tell you next week and yeah i will plan on calling you in the morning. Lex sent me a calling card will that work for the home phone? or should i call your cell or something dad. Just let me know.I'm am so excited to go to mexico and do work.
It sounds like everything is going good at home. Katie is tearing it up in volleyball, tay is playing soccer and volleyball and school is going great for them. I take it work is going great for you and mom as well. So tell katie that for gym everyday i play sand volleyball. Ha it is legit and probably one of the more fun sports that there is. I tear it up!! HA ha just kidding.
Not a whole lot has happened this week. The same old same old, but yeah i am loving my teachers. They are way funny and make learning spanish and being in class all the time way fun. Hermano Gonzolaz kills me every time he speaks, cuz he sayts some funny stuff that i laugh at for forever.
So we have a teacher well he used to be a teacher in our zone and he came and talked to us the other day. He is very deep into doctorine so we love when he comes and teaches us. He talked about joseph and how he was so loyal to the lord but he got treated like crap sometimes. He compared us to him and how it is going to happen. I thought about it and i was like yeah it is but i don't care becuase already i love the people down there. I want it to happen so that i can be like hey i still love you and they will be like what i just made fun of you and stuff but i'm excited to try my hardest to be like Christ. It is an honor to wear his name on my nametag.
Spanish is coming so good! it is amazing at how much i have learned in the past 7 weeks. I can pretty much understand a whole lot of what people say. WE taught a native the other week and i understood a lot so that was good cuz he didn't slow down at all. But this week we taught an old guy but it was so amazing. we were supposed to teach the second lesson and the word of wisdom. The second lesson is the plan of salvation and i bet you know but anyways. So we started off with the word of wisdom and he said that he had a problem with drinking and stuff so we were on that topic for a while. WE usually have 30 minutes to teach and stuff so yeah. But what the cool thing was was me and my comp talked about the word of wisdom and the atonement the whole time. We didn't even teach the second lesson which might be bad but is way good, cuz we taught to the investigadors needs. It was a real great moment the spirit was there and it was sweet.
We got to hear from another apostle of the lord last night. Elder holland came and talked with us. He is an awesome guy. He talked for like 45 minutes at how important our missions are and how important his mission was to his life. I'm blessed with the oportunity to serve a mission. I am blessed that i was born with this wonderful gospel in my life and it is the only thing that brings true happiness! It's LEGIT!!
So that is pretty much my week. I feel like it is the same over and over and over again. That is why i'm excited to get out in the field and do real teaching and have some amazing stories to tell the family and stuff. Thanks for the gel that you sent with lexies package. I ran out today actually so it was great timing. I wouldn't worry about my medication becuase i don't think that i am going to take it anymore. I think that my acne is getting worst on it so i might stop it for a while and see if it clears up, but if it doesn't then i will take it again so maybe since it is 7 bucks send it? i don't know. But thanks anyways.
I don't think that i need anything esle. Also i found out how the mail is down in mexico. people in our district recieved letters from mexico this week and it took 11 days to get there. And my comp talked to his mom who talked to a kids mom that is in our mission and she said that he has recieved every package that they have sent. But yeah i would do the virgin mary thing just to be safe or something. Or try not to send something valuable. But yeah just thought i would let you know that. Mostly we will probably email back and forth cuz it is so much easier but yeah just in case you want to send something.
Thanks for the letters girls and mom. I'm gonna try and write back today as well. I think that is all for this boring email this week. Not a whole lot has happened. But yeah next week will be better and after that they all will be good.
I love you all and thank you for the support. I'm getting to the point where i have realized that i need to emerse myself into the work all the way. I have been but now i know the importance of it. I love you all and have a good week this week!
Elder Harvey
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment