Thursday, August 27, 2009

Three Weeks In The MTC...

Hey Family,

It's been three weeks now and it has been some great three weeks. In this past week there has been a lot of things that has happened and i will try to get it down in this email but i might now be able to so yeah ill try hard though.

But first I will answer your questions. Care package- YES PLEASE!!! Like a ton of candy and you can even send me a 12 pack of dew and that would be great. My companion got like a 24 pack of dew this week and yeah i want some stuff. so please i would love it. I never recieved the article of the blow up at butch and kristens. But chel kind of told me more about it so yeah. Thats crazy and that guy isn't very smart for using laquer based primer. I wouldn't have had to turn off the pilot light becasue i use water based which is the safest. But im sorry for the guy and i have prayed for him a couple times. I pray for the family every time i say a prayer it helps me cope with the being away from everyone. And i know that you all pray for me and im very thankful for that. I hope that the prescription is on its way. I'm out of it on thursday and it is just starting to kick in. I take two a day so it is gone in like 30 days. Shirts- Yes t-shirts please i didn't bring enough. Also emails i think that the attachments get closed out as i click on it so try not to attach anything, but i would love to get pictures once in a while. email- i have 30 minutes on wednesday to email. I can print out emails and that is what i have done so i can log off and read them and spend all the time emailing so keep emailing. Thank you all for your letters and they are great to get. We always guess who gets the most letters in the day and the biggest package so we make it fun in our district.

Now on to my week, this week was great. I think on thursday we taught the first lesson in spanish and it went ok. I was very nervous and i had to use notes. Since then we have taught it like 4 times and i haven't used notes at all. (just to add to this, all other districts don't teach the first lesson in spanish until week 4 and we have already started and we have only been here for 2 weeks.) Im grateful for my teachers for pushing us. I fasted for help on thursday just with spanish in general and it has helped me SOOOOO much. Fasting is a real blessing if you do it the right way and you do it for the right reason. Im going to send a tape to lex of me teaching joseph smith and i will have her show you guys so it will be great.

Friday and Saturday just flew by, i don't even remember what we did. In my personal study i am going to try and read the BOM twice or once before i leave the CCM(MTC). the Bom is great if you follow along and it really is so amazing and has helped me while i have been here so much.
Sunday is always a good day. We have a lot of chill time where we just hang in our rooms and chill with each other. Me and Elder Rex are becoming real good friends and he is a stud. He was very down when he comp went home the first week but i've been here for him and we have gotten real close and im grateful for his example to me. He is such a stud. We usually go to bed early and so the lights are all off and usually me and him wrestle or mess with each other so it is a fun time at night right before bed. Also we had a guy come and speak to us we always have a devotional on sundays. It was good and he talked about faith. He did the first letter thing you know so like F is for Father in Heaven. A is for Accountability, I is for Inspiration, T is for Testimony and H is for Holy Ghost. He tied it into our missions very well and it tought me alot.
Monday is usually one of the longest days here. We have Hermano Gonzalez (aka Nico) teach us for like 4 hours straight. He taught us a lot on monday just like he teaches us a lot every day but on monday it was great. We did some more stuff to conjugation of verbs and it was good because i understood everything that he taught. I am starting to understand everything that him and Hermana Durrant teach and it is going great.

Yesterday we taught the second lesson which is the Plan of Salvation in English in the TRC. Me and my companion hadn't really practiced it at all so it went alright. Plus usually we teach fake investigators people who come volunteer but we had to teach our teacher which she just got back 4 months ago from her mission so she asked some pretty tough questions but we did alright. We also did our task in spanish. We have a task each week and they go pretty well if i rely on the spirit which i have been doing more since before.

Today we had Personal study and Comp study and went to the temple. I think this week i am going to read from PMG instead of BOM because PMG will help a lot in teaching. So ill let you know how it goes on wednesday.

Tell me some of the experiences that you have had without me. Dad you said you have been having them so tell me about them i would love to hear.
Also tay thank you for your email. It is great. Keep sending them. Oh and Katie no you can't have my iphone. ha ha. Also forward this to sky becasue i don't have his email address on me so if you could do that that would be great. Send it to Drew as well im almost out of time. Tahnks! Also how is everyone doing?

Thank you again for all of your support and help that you have been giving me. I love to get emails and letters. I'm printing my emails out from you and gonna try and keep them nice and stuff to have after the mish.

the more i think about it the more excited i am to go to mexico.

I love you all and please involve lex still. I love her very much and want her around when i get back so thank you for what you have done and keep doing it please
I love you all! Until next week!

Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment